DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE - GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
- Retain and encourage expansion of existing businesses and industries and attract new economic activities, including retail, office buildings and small-scale light industries to provide desired levels of commerce and employment for the Township’s existing and projected population.
- Establish and improve networking to support local businesses and their employees.
- Acknowledge and promote Florence Township as a great place to live, work and shop.
- Seek grants through federal, state, county, local and other funding sources for infrastructure improvements and economic development projects.
- Promote and expand upon the Township’s environmental resources, natural features, cultural and historic sites, events and festivals as a way to foster tourism.
- Provide changes and enhancements through zoning to establish adequate and appropriate spaces for the establishment of commercial businesses in the downtown area and the Route 130 corridor.
- To promote the enhancement of current and future commercial properties within the Township.
- Promote development of a planned revitalization of the Route 130 corridor.
- Encourage economic development through planned promotion/marketing of those areas that are compatible with and accessible to existing services and transportation.
- Encourage mixed-use developments along Hornberger Avenue as well as other key areas in conjunction with public improvements.
- Continue to seek improvement of the infrastructure to accommodate projected increases in traffic associated with new commercial development.
to Economic Development Page
711 Broad Street • Florence, NJ 08518 • 609-499-2525