The “Green” benefits of recycling have long been known when dealing with glass, aluminum, steel, plastics, and paper & cardboard. Now Florence Township residents can continue to do their part to help the environment by recycling certain electronic devices.
In the past, electronics were considered trash and were simply taken to solid waste landfills. Fortunately, there is now a solution for this waste of landfill space and loss of recyclable materials.
Effective June 1, 2009, Florence Township will begin accepting certain electronic devices at the Municipal Recycling Center and a curbside electronics pickup will also begin.
You can bring your devices to the recycling center at 875 Summer Street during normal operating hours or you can call the Township Clerk’s Office at 609-499-2525 to be placed on the electronics pickup list. Curbside collection of electronics will take place weekly on Wednesday.
It is important to adhere to the items that the township can accept. Therefore, please be sure to read the eligible electronics recycling list to stay up-to-date on the latest items being accepted.
Acceptable electronic items for recycling.
- Computer Monitors (Flat panels, Tube, CRT, and All-in-ones)
- Computer Towers, CPU’s, Desktops, Laptops
- Battery backups, APC’s, UPS’s, etc.
- Keyboards, Mouse, Speakers
- Cabling for printers, monitors, speakers, networks, power cords, etc.
- Printers, fax machines, scanners, modems, copy machines
- Memory chips, hard drives, mother boards, printed circuit boards
- Power supplies for computers, battery chargers, plug-in transformers
- Telephones, cordless phones, cell phones
- Batteries from laptops, cell phones, other rechargeable batteries
- VCR’s, DVD players, CD players, portable radios, Stereos (except those in wood cabinets)
- Cash registers, scales, scanners, readers, CB’s, car stereos, amplifiers
- Household appliances (except those that contain compressors)
- All types of televisions including those with a tube versus newer flat panels
711 Broad Street • Florence, NJ 08518 • 609-499-2525