Road Repair Projects
The Mayor and Township Council have announced a road repair project that will begin with engineering and contractor selection this year with work beginning in the Spring of 2014.
The following projects will take place in the Spring of 2014:
- Boulevard will be repaved on both sides from Front Street to Third Street, the work will include sidewalk and curbing repairs as well as tree management and replacements. This project is being funded by a $206,000.00 grant the township received in 2013.
- Knight’s Court, King’s Court, Baird Drive, East Fifth Street from Broad Street to Walnut Street on the even numbered side of the street, Fourth Avenue from Hornberger to Main Street, the intersection of Third Avenue and Riverside Avenue, drainage improvements at Seventh Avenue and Hornberger Avenue.
Plans are also being made for improvements to roadways in subsequent years or as grant funding becomes available.
Future road projects include:
- Boulevard from Third Street to Fifth Street
- Spruce Street from Front Street to Fifth Street
- Spruce Street from Ninth Street to Wilbur Henry Drive
- East Second Street from Broad Street to Walnut Street
- West Third Street from Broad Street to Summer Street
- Cedar Street from Front Street to East Third Street
- East Third Street from Cedar Street to Oak Street
- Main Street on both sides from Eighth Avenue to Tenth Avenue
- Main Street from Eighth Avenue to Fourth Avenue (North Side)
- Third Avenue from Hornberger Avenue to Main Street
- Eighth Avenue from Hornberger Avenue to Main Street
- Intersection repairs at Seventh Avenue and Riverside Avenue