A Landlord Registration form is required by N.J.S.A. 46:8-27 for all rental properties. Failure to register as a landlord and obtain a Continued Certificate of Occupancy for rental properties leaves landlords “unprotected” by NJ Statutes concerning Landlord/Tenant Disputes and is in violation of township requirements. Any disagreements involving unregistered or rental properties that are not inspected may pose a legal challenge and liability to property owners.
Landlord Registration Form
To be used the first time a property is registered with Township by the current owner
Landlord Registration Renewal Form for 2024
All rental residential dwellings must be registered with the Township by January 31st of every year – regardless of tenant change – in accordance with Florence Township ordinance 2017-05.
Amended Registration Form
You’ll need to file an amended form each time there is a change to any piece of information. You are also required to give a copy of the form to your tenant.
Steps for completing the Landlord Application Form
- Do not put multiple units on the same form
PLEASE FILL OUT A SEPARATE FORM FOR EACH UNIT YOU OWN.
- Review your Landlord Form to ensure all information is correct
- Be sure to include all updated phone numbers and contact information
- Complete the required fields of the form and sign where indicated
- Print legibly and spell names correct of ALL tenants, including children
- Tenant MUST sign even if the tenants have not changed from the prior year. If you do not have a Continued Certificate of Occupancy (CCO) for the current tenants, please apply for the Housing Inspection (Rental) when you submit your landlord registration.
- If the property is currently vacant, you are still required to register the property. Please write “Vacant” or “Unoccupied” under the section where you would list the tenants.
- Return the completed registration form along with the appropriate fee no later than January 31st
- The cost is $25 per each unit. Make the check payable to Florence Township
- You can either mail the paperwork or drop it off at the Construction window during our regular business hours
- Once the paperwork and fee is received, Florence Township will issue the Landlord Certificate