Public Works will begin collecting leaves from October through January. The schedule may be modified at any time due to personnel, equipment and inclement weather.
Residents can rake leaves to the curb for collection. Leaves should be placed in the grass strip between the curb and sidewalk, not in the street. Leaves should not be placed near fire hydrants, sign posts, portable basketball hoops, or telephone poles. Leaves must be free of all trash, sticks, branches, vines, rocks, dirt, and debris. Mixed material will not be collected.
- Leaf collection is done section by section thru town. Once we’ve completely canvassed all streets, we repeat the process again.
- You do not need to call our office to ask when leaves will be collected. We will continue our loop of the community until such time when we send out an alert that a FINAL COLLECTION will take place for the season.
- We do not skip back and forth to neighborhoods during leaf collection. It is not an efficient means for collection.
- We DO PICK UP BAGGED LEAVES. You may bag your leaves and place them curbside for collection.
- We accept leaves at our township recycling center. You MUST however remove leaves from the bags upon drop off.