In the past, electronics were considered trash and were simply taken to solid waste landfills. Fortunately, over the past 10+ year electronics recycling has grown as an important recyclable material.
Since 2009, Florence Township began accepting certain electronic devices at the Municipal Recycling Center and launched a curbside bulk recyclables pickup for residents.
Electronic devices may be brought to the township recycling center at 875 Summer Street during normal operating hours or you can call the Township Clerk’s Office at 609-499-2525 to be placed on the electronics pickup list. Curbside collection of electronics will take place weekly on Wednesday. In order to be added to the Wednesday collection list, you must contact our office prior to 3pm on Tuesday.
It is important to adhere to the items that the township can accept. Therefore, please be sure to read the eligible electronics recycling list to stay up-to-date on the latest items being accepted.
Acceptable electronic items for recycling:
- Computer Monitors (Flat panels, Tube, CRT, and All-in-ones)
- Computer Towers, CPU’s, Desktops, Laptops
- Battery backups, APC’s, UPS’s, etc.
- Keyboards, Mouse, Speakers
- Cabling for printers, monitors, speakers, networks, power cords, etc.
- Printers, fax machines, scanners, modems, copy machines
- Memory chips, hard drives, mother boards, printed circuit boards
- Power supplies for computers, battery chargers, plug-in transformers
- Telephones, cordless phones, cell phones
- Batteries from laptops, cell phones, other rechargeable batteries
- VCR’s, DVD players, CD players, portable radios, Stereos (except those in wood cabinets)
- Cash registers, scales, scanners, readers, CB’s, car stereos, amplifiers
- Household appliances (except those that contain compressors)
- All types of televisions including those with a tube versus newer flat panels