Trash Collection Guidelines:
Below are some common guidelines regarding trash pickup in Florence Township.
If you have questions, comments or are experiencing difficulties with pickup, please contact the Clerk’s Office at 609-499-2525.
For the safety of our residents and the trash collectors, Garden State Removal will only collect BAGGED trash, loose trash in the can will be left until it is bagged. Please use bags whether using a can or not; for the safety of employees from Injury & Health Safety (such as Covid, Fluids, etc.).
Container & Placement Information:
- No Larger than a 32-gallon size container; and should not weigh more than 50lbs when filled
- Trash cans and bags are to be at curbside no later than 7:00am and should not be placed any earlier than 24 hours before scheduled collection.
- MAXIMUM of 10 bags or 10 trash cans per collection
- All solid waste to be collected, removed, and disposed of shall be placed at the curb or within five (5) feet of improved roadway at one (1) collection point, or at the alley location currently used at present for homes in the community. If the collection point is currently an alley location, then it shall remain the same unless the Township of Florence specifically agrees to a location change. The residents shall place all solid waste within five (5) feet of the collection point along said alley. In the case of corner lots, solid waste shall be placed at the improved roadway most accessible to the collection vehicle, unless the existing collection point is part of a standard alley pick up. This shall include all streets, accepted or otherwise and shall include those streets that are temporarily closed for repairs or construction. In the latter case, the Township of Florence shall designate special collection points if the condition of the street would prevent access.
HOLIDAYS: If your trash day falls on a holiday, your trash will be picked up on your following trash collection day.
PICKUP SCHEDULE: Twice A Week Pickup will be from the first FULL week in April through the last week in October. Starting the first FULL week in November trash goes down to once a week. Please refer to the trash map or call 499-2525 to check your trash days if you are unsure.
The Following Items are considered recyclable and do not go with your trash:
- Bags of leaves (call 499-2525 to arrange pickup or bring to our recycle yard located at 875 Summer St, Florence)
- Newspapers (collected on recycle days)
- Glass, Aluminum (collected on recycled days)
- Corrugated Cardboard (collected on recycle days)
- TVs, Computers (call 499-2525 to schedule a pickup or bring to recycle yard located at 875 Summer St, Florence)
“White Goods” Disposal
- Large items of solid metal waste referred to “White Goods” (major appliances – refrigerators, hot water heaters, washers, dryers, etc) Please call 609-499-2525 to arrange a Wednesday pickup of these items.
If removed or installed by the homeowner is considered a bulk item. Limited of FIVE (5) rolls cut into 3-4-foot lengths. All bulk items have a 30-50lb limit each. Carpet installed by a contractor MUST be removed by the contractor.
GLASS/MIRRORS & PORCELAIN– Must be contained and sealed. Broken glass should be placed in a durable bucket; be taped and labeled “contains broken glass”. This protects the employee from injury and a safety precaution.
If you are moving and have a large amounts of household trash to be disposed; you must make your own arrangements for disposal, such as a dumpster. It is the responsibility of the homeowner for disposal of moveout household goods.
If arrangements cannot be made in advance of settlement, sellers are urged to request that money be held in escrow to cover any costs to dispose of these materials.
The Township’s contract does not include the cost for disposal of house contents in bulk. It is a homeowner’s responsibility to dispose of large quantities of possessions.