The instructions are the same for the initial and renewal application.
Please provide the following at the time of application. If your application is incomplete, it will not be accepted.
- Driver’s License and Birth Certificate OR Driver’s License and Passport OR Driver’s License and Naturalization Paperwork/Green Card.
- ONE (1) State of New Jersey Application- ORIGINAL COPIES for Permit to Carry a Handgun, form S.P.642. MUST BE DOUBLE SIDED AND NOTARIZED. The permit to carry application may be downloaded here: https://nj.gov/njsp/firearms/pdf/PTC_Updated_Application_20230120.pdf .
- Two (2) color passport size photographs (2”x 2”).
- Four (4) references must be provided on the application who are not related by blood or law and who have known the applicant for at least three years.
- Consent for Mental Health Search, form S.P.066. Do not sign the form until you turn in your application, it must be signed in the presence of department personnel. The mental health consent form may be downloaded here: https://nj.gov/njsp/firearms/pdf/sp-066_201907.pdf
- Submit proof of qualification with a certified firearms instructor along with the firearms instructor’s proof of certification.
- Memo regarding Civilian Carry Assessment and Range Evaluation (CCARE).
- Then Civilian Carry Assessment and Range Evaluation (CCARE) Protocol.
- Two money orders are required for payment.
- Payable to: “Florence Township Police Department” in the amount of $150.00.
- Payable to: “Treasurer, State of New Jersey” in the amount of $50.00.
- All applicants must be fingerprinted for initial and renewal applications. Applicants can visit the IdentoGO website (https://uenroll.identogo.com/) to schedule an appointment. Fingerprints must be received within 90 days of application. Fingerprints must be completed PRIOR to turning in application.
- When scheduling an appointment, use Service Code: 2F164B.
- Use ORI# NJ0031500 for Florence Township.
- For the Contributor’s Case Number (use applicant’s last name, month, day, and year of date of birth: 01011990 (Example: Smith01011990).
- Provide a copy of the receipt from IdentoGO.
*All armored car guard applications shall be submitted to the appropriate New Jersey State Police Barracks. All others (non-Armored car guards) shall be submitted to the law enforcement agency where the applicant resides. If your town of residence is covered by a State Police barracks on a full-time basis, submit to that barracks.
** A NEW JERSEY PERMIT TO CARRY IS VALID FOR TWO (2) YEARS FROM TIME OF APPROVAL. **
Please consult the New Jersey State Police website for additional information and firearms guidelines.