We are understandably receiving a lot of calls this morning regarding the status of our patriotic celebration scheduled for Saturday, July 9th. As a means to keep everyone in the loop, here is our current status, which will be followed by additional updates later today, possibly this evening and definitive plans as tomorrow arrives.
Supervisors will meet this morning at 10am to assess the current forecast and potential options to consider. Obviously it is very early to make a decision on what option will be most beneficial for residents, spectators, participants, bands, vendors and all personnel. Please monitor social media and township website updates as the day continues.
In the event the flag raising and parade aren’t able to be pushed back and become cancelled, we will assess rain totals and if our municipal grounds are saturated making it unsafe or too messy for evening activities to occur. In this situation, we would shift all evening activities to Sunday, July 10th at 5pm. Vendors, activities, live music and fireworks would commence. Unfortunately, the parade portion historically does not take place on Sunday, however all details will be provided moving forward.
Thank you for your patience and good thoughts that we have a shift in the weather so we can all enjoy this year’s event together.
More information to follow. Thank you.