Press Release 7/14/22
- YOUR OPINION MATTERS: There will be a Route 130 Regional Visioning session hosted by Burlington, Edgewater Park, Florence and Willingboro Townships, and Burlington City to discuss issues that matter to you – transportation, recreation, land use, resiliency and housing. Be a part of the conversation.
Monday, July 27, 2022 at 7:00 p.m.
Township of Willingboro
429 John F. Kennedy Way
Willingboro, NJ 08046
Or Virtually via Zoom:
- E-Mail Notification for Website Updates: The e-mail sign-up page is now functional on the website. Unfortunately, individuals who signed-up under the old website, will have to sign-up again. When there are website updates, an email notification will be sent out that day around 4pm.
To sign-up, go to the township website home page, www.florence-nj.gov, scroll to the middle of the page and click on yellow box “Get Started Now”; fill in your information on the left side “Register for Florence Township Website e-bulletins”.
- Zoning & Planning Board Meetings: For the safety of our board members, professionals and the public, residents are encouraged to attend the meeting virtually. Instructions for virtual attendance can be found on the Township’s Home Page website florence-nj.gov.
The next Planning Board meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, July 26, 2022 at 7:30 p.m.
The next Regular Zoning Board meeting is Monday, August 1, 2022 at 7:30 p.m.
If you are unable to attend the meeting in person or virtual, you can review the zoom version of the meeting by going to the Home Page of the township website. To view the recorded meeting:
- Click on “Documents” tab, then click on “Recorded Zoom Meetings”.
- Municipal Offices: The municipal building is open to the public. For the safety of our employees and the public, we encourage individuals to wear a mask while inside the municipal building, especially if you are not feeling well. We encourage the public to continue to use the drop box located inside the front entrance to the Municipal Building for all payments, license renewals, construction permits, etc. Normal office hours are 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Recycling Center: The recycling center hours are:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Summer Activities:
Health & Wellness: Weekly Gentle Fitness classes are held every Thursday 11 a.m. to Noon at the Florence Twp. Community Center, 69 Main Street, Roebling. The program is designed specifically for seniors and active adults to increase strength, endurance, balance and flexibility. There is no fee for this program and it is sponsored by the Florence Township Recreation Committee. Exercises are modified for all to participate.
National Night Out: The Police Department will be holding events on Tuesday, August 2, 2022, 4:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. at the Veterans Parking Lot located next to the municipal building.
Emergency Services Youth Academy will be held July 21, 2022 – July 29, 2022.
The monthly story & craft night for children is Thursday, July 21st at 6:30 p.m.
The crochet group meets every Friday from 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Summer Reading Program is from June 20th through August 12th. The final party will be held on August 11th at 6:30 p.m. for anyone who participated in the program.
- Township Council Meetings: The next Council meeting will be Wednesday, August 3, 2022 starting at 7:00 p.m. For the safety of our council members, professionals and the public, residents are encouraged to attend the meeting in-person. Instructions for virtual attendance can be found on the Township’s Home Page website florence-nj.gov or by calling the Clerk’s Office at 609-499-2525, Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
If you are unable to attend the meeting in person or virtual, you can review the zoom version of the meeting by going to the Home Page of the township website. There are several ways to view the zoom recording:
- Click on “Documents” tab, then click on “Recorded Zoom Meetings”.
- Click on “Government” tab, then click on “Recorded Zoom Meetings”.
- Click on “Documents” tab, click on “Agenda & Minutes”, click on 2022 Township Council, and at the top of the page “Click Here to View Township Zoom Recordings”
- Tax Bills & Water/Sewer Bills: Reminder – Payments can be made online florence-nj.gov or use the Drop Box located next to the trophy case in our front lobby. The Drop Box will be checked multiple times daily for your convenience. Payments must be check or money orders, NO CASH. Please provide a phone number with your payment and we will call to confirm payment was received. Please allow 48 hours for your payment to be posted to our online account portal. Feel free to call the office with any questions, 609-499-2525. The office hours are 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Any documents left in the drop box will be processed and mailed back to residents as needed. The Drop Box is available 24/7 for resident’s convenience.
Water Service & Sewer Service Lines: Recently we have received inquiries regarding who is responsible for the water service and sewer service lines from the main to the property line and into the building (residence/business). The entire service line, including valves and clean-outs is the responsibility of the home owner/business owner to the connection at the main line. Please check the condition of your service lines, clean-outs and valves as they all eventually need to be repaired or replaced. If your service lines date back prior to 1980, there is a good chance the piping needs to be repaired or replaced. Also, it is a good idea to check with your insurance company to determine coverage in the event of a leak or pipe failure. Most home owner insurances will provide additional insurance for coverage. You may contact the Water & Sewer Department for assistance in assessing your service lines (609) 499-2518.
- Construction Office: The office hours are 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Residents and developers dropping off permits, plans, etc. are encouraged to use the drop box located inside the front entrance to the Municipal Building. Any questions, please call the Construction Office at (609) 499-2130.
- Police Department: The police lobby window will be open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Wednesday 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturday 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. If you require police assistance, please use the yellow call box located by the Municipal Building Main Lobby doors. When using the call box, please state your business to the call taker. A police officer will subsequently be dispatched to handle your matter. Please see Police Department website on how to obtain Police Reports, Handicap Placards or call (609) 499-3131.
- Municipal Court: We encourage individuals paying tickets and/or fines to continue to pay on-line or use the drop box located inside the front entrance to the Municipal Building. Please contact the Court Office at (609) 499-2222 if you have any questions. The office hours are 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday.
- COVID COMMUNITY IMPACT – If you would like additional information on COVID-19, including county-wide totals for daily new cases from the New Jersey Department of Health (NJDOH), please visit https://covid19.nj.gov/ . On behalf of BCHD, thank you for your continuous support, feedback, and commitment to public health.
TESTING: COVID-19 Testing to include PCR & Rapid Testing: The only Burlington County COVID-19 testing site still open is in Willingboro. Visit the Burlington County Health Department website for dates and times: co.burlington.nj.us/1927/COVID-19-Testing to order a Federal test kit visit www.covidtests.gov or state’s saliva test: learn.vaulthealth.com
VACCINATION: For those who are homebound, vaccinations can be scheduled by calling the Burlington County Health Dept at 609-265-5548.
The CDC is updating its recommendations to allow certain immunocompromised individuals and people over the age of 50 who received an initial booster dose at least 4 months ago to be eligible for another mRNA booster to increase their protection against severe disease from COVID-19. Individuals can book their appointments on the NJVSS website or use the NJ COVID-19 Vaccine Appointment Finder to get an appointment at locations throughout New Jersey at https://covid19.nj.gov/pages/finder.
Effective 5/19/22 the CDC approved booster vaccinations for 5 to 11-year-olds.
The Burlington County Megasite Schedule hours for the month of July are:
Tuesdays 9 a.m. to 1:45 p.m.
Fridays* 11 a.m. to 5:45 p.m.
Saturdays* 9 a.m. to 1:45 p.m.
The Burlington County Health Dept. will be offering Covid Vaccinations for those Burlington County residents ages 5 and under. Both the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are approved under Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) for this age group and will be available at each listed clinic. Vaccinations will be by appointment only. Appointments can be made at www.signupgenius.com/go/peeweeclinics.
MASK RECOMMENDATIONS: KN95 or N95 or double layered well-fitting surgical and cloth are still recommended by the CDC in certain situations (immunocompromised, etc.). CDC page link: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/about-face-coverings.html.
Websites for looking up approved KN95 and N95 masks are:
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/about-face-coverings.html and www.ProjectN95.org .
Mayor Craig Wilkie