Florence Township Police Department
711 BROAD STREET, FLORENCE, NEW JERSEY 08518-2323
TELEPHONE: (609) 499-3131 Fax (609) 499-8181
Brian A. Boldizar, Chief of Police
Self-Report Crash Form (SR-1)
This form is used to report an accident that was not investigated by police.
Self-Reporting Crash Form, Crash Records, Reference/Links (state.nj.us)
IF YOU ARE INVOLVED IN A MOTOR VEHICLE COLLISION, WE RECOMMEND YOU FOLLOW THE BELOW-LISTED PROCEDURES.
- Contact your motor vehicle insurance company and follow their instructions.
- If you need a copy of the Motor Vehicle Collision Report, go to www.crashdocs.org and follow the appropriate steps:
- State: New Jersey
- Agency: Florence Police Department
- Enter e-mail address (optional), last name of party involved, date of accident and agency case number ( format: 20210000)
- Payment will be made online and the cost of each report is $5.00.
*Reports obtained from crashdocs.org and Florence Township Police headquarters are identical reports
- If you do not have access to a computer, you may respond into Florence Township Police headquarters and complete a Discovery Report Request form which will be submitted for review to be released. Please allow 7 to 10 business days from the date of the incident for the report to be completed and appear on crashdocs.org or to receive in person. Please note that due to extenuating circumstances some reports may require more time to be completed. Reports may not be faxed to anyone, including insurance companies.
- If your vehicle was impounded from the scene by the Florence Township Police Department for investigative purposes, you must sign and receive a copy of the Motor Vehicle Impound Report at police headquarters prior to picking up your vehicle from the tow yard. Once your vehicle is authorized for release, which can be completed at Police Headquarters at any time, we recommend you contact the tow company to check their business hours.
- If your vehicle was towed from the scene due to it being disabled, we recommend you contact the tow company as soon as possible to discuss the status of the vehicle to avoid excess storage fees.
- If you were issued a motor vehicle summons for a violation and your appearance in court is mandatory, a court date will be listed on the bottom of the summons. YOU MUST APPEAR ON THAT DATE. If it is not mandatory to appear, you must pay the ticket by the date listed on the bottom of the summons. If you wish to plead NOT GUILTY under either of the above circumstances, you must notify the court at least seven (7) days in advance of the date listed. Please contact the court office at (609)-499-2222; open Monday-Friday 9am-4:30pm.
- REMEMBER attempting to reach a police officer directly is often difficult. They do not work regular business hours. To reach an officer, you can call the department phone number listed above and if the officer is not working or is not available, you can leave him/her a voicemail message. The officer will return your call as soon as he/she is available to do so.
TOWNSHIP OF FLORENCE
A COMMUNITY WITH CHARACTER AT THE BEND IN THE RIVER