ver the past year, our departments began working on content to place on our municipal website so it may serve as more of a resource to our community. We understand that as a resident, having the ability to locate information easily is both important and time saving. Our goal in developing this new site was with those thoughts in mind.
Internally, our offices have steadily adapted due to the circumstances associated with the Covid-19 pandemic. In many ways, it has adjusted how we communicate with our public and the need to provide efficient virtual means of communication. Initially, the transition has come with challenges, but by utilizing web-based technology many of our meetings were able to be broadcast online and the use of social media and website updates aided in relaying information to the masses. Refreshing our website became the next phase of this transition.
Our current website has been in place for over 20 years and has served our public well providing information on meetings, events and activities. As technology and life continue to evolve, we felt that this was a good time to refresh our site. Our new website will now include more information than it has had in the past, and more content will continue to be added in the months to come. Some new items include:
- All forms will be fillable and many may be sent electronically to the appropriate department.
- Construction Department Sample forms are now listed with a step-by-step guide to assist in completing for submission (Unfortunately these forms must be delivered to the construction office since they must be accompanied with fees).
- Local Clubs & Organizations may request to link their website or Facebook pages for easy access (i.e. The Roebling Museum tab will direct you immediately to their website)
- Interactive Township Calendar. The new calendar will continue to provide information for all meetings and events in town. Additionally local organizations will have the ability to forward upcoming events to be added. Please send inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
- ADA Compliance. As this website was designed, we were conscious that it conformed to ADA standards.
We aren’t done yet! Pages will continue to be filled with more content and updates will take place regularly. We are in the process of setting a means to broadcast a feed to stream our meetings directly from the website. Many residents are unable to attend meetings in person and some have had difficulty in connecting virtually. It is our goal to provide the opportunity to visit our website and view meetings at the click of a button.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone involved with developing the new website and providing content for it. We greatly appreciate the efforts of the CaddisArt Team, whom have built this wonderful new website. The months of meetings and zoom calls are finally coming to fruition. We thank you for your patience, support and professionalism.
If you should have any questions regarding the new website or have come across information on another website that you feel may be beneficial, please forward your thoughts to email@example.com and we will certainly consider.